Thursday 5 December 2013

Zac's Latest Summer Firsts

Over the last couple of weeks there have been a number of 'new' firsts for Zac. I don't know why, but I guess I took for granted that there would be more of these novel experiences after the usual baby ones!

Summer is well and truly here in Cape Town, and Zac is loving being outdoors!

Happiness is... playing IN the sprinkler

At last Zac gets to go to swimming lessons

What was meant to be a leisurely walk on the beach...

...that became a fully clothed swim, dried off with a blanky towel

And so, the next day, we did a real beach day

And part of summer fun - and school holidays - is to be allowed special treats...

... like getting the baking spoon to lick off

... extra time watching our favourite songs with Daddy

... and getting to sleep a little later in the morning


Last summer Zac had only just learnt to crawl, so it was pretty easy to keep him confined to the spaces that kept him clean, and me most at ease. This summer is going to be a different story, I can tell! While I'd prefer (for myself) to be cool, clean and indoors, to see Zac as happy as he is right now, is worth all the sun, sea and sand!

1 comment: