Tuesday 2 March 2021

Keto Banana & Nut Loaf

 Apparently, while I have been not blogging, I have become a keto baker. I have found a couple recipes that I've tweaked to suit my low carb, sugar free palate, and will share them here for you to try. Good recipes without all the talk before - I promise!

The weekend's leftover Banana Nut Loaf 


Ingredients

* 2 large, ripe bananas (mashed)

* 3 large eggs

* 2 Tbsp butter (melted)

* 1,5 cup almond flour (I purchased raw almonds from FLM, and ground them in the coffee grinder)

* 1/3 cup erythritol 

* 1 tsp baking powder

* 2 tsp cinnamon

* 1/2 tsp vanilla essence (optional)

* 1/2 cup nuts (I have used flaked almonds and crushed pecans - I prefer the chunkier nuts)


Method

1. Heat the oven to 180C, and line a loaf tin with baking paper.

2. In a medium sized bowl mix the mashed banana, 3 eggs, and melted butter with a hand mixer until the banana is smooth.

3. In a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients: almond flour, erythritol, baking powder and cinnamon. 

4. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet, small portions at a time.

5. One all the dry mix is incorporated into the wet, add the vanilla essence and nuts. Mix together with a spatula.

6. Spoon all the mix into the loaf tin, and smooth the top with the back of a spoon. You can add some crushed nuts on top if you like.

7. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, then turn the oven off and leave inside for another 10 minutes. The top should be firm, not hard.

8. Allow bread to cool completed before cutting. Served best with butter. Champagne is optional :)



This loaf is honestly better than any regular banana bread I've had, and will now be the only banana bread baked in my home. It's also really moist inside, so I think it could work in muffin pans too.


2 comments: