Thursday 28 August 2014

100 Happy Days: The Reflection

Way back in May (gosh, I hadn't realised it'd been quite so long) I posted about the start of my 100 Happy Days challenge. I posed the question, "Can you really be happy for 100 days in a row" because statistically most people can't, and then embarked on this journey with Tarrin.

So as it turns out, it's a lot easier than I thought it would be. Well, initially, it was a bit weird. I think I've become so accustomed to have something big happen in order to be happy, that it was unusual to find happiness in the ordinary - like having smoothies after dinner, doing online shopping, or just enjoying a cup of tea.




Of course I also had my fair share of 'out-of-the-ordinary' happiness - oysters at the Knysna festival, a special girls' out night right after Ash and PJ left for the USA, my World Cup winning team, and getting an ipad from school. We also celebrated birthdays, new arrivals and special milestones - some big and elaborate; others private and intimate.





I'm actually finding it rather weird to not end every day with a Facebook post hastagged #100happydays, but I am so much more aware of these things that make me happy - and so grateful to have them in my life!

To see all 100 pics, go to https://www.facebook.com/robyn.h.klaasen/media_set?set=a.10152397990110926.1073741829.545050925&type=3

1 comment:

  1. Good, and there's nothing to stop you posting for the next 100 days/weeks/months/years!

    ReplyDelete