Wednesday 20 July 2016

#justsaying



Nothing highlights our extreme dependence on modern technology quite like having your server and internet access cut at school. To say that it renders me useless is an understatement. But at least I can blog.

The holidays have come and gone, and I find myself, once again, contemplating a career change to Home Executive. For those who think they know me well, this will come as a bit of a shock, as I am a self-proclaimed workaholic who is a much better mommy when working outside of the home. Or so I thought, anyway. Lately though, no matter how much my boys drive me up the pole during extended periods of alone time together, as soon as it’s over, I want it back.

I think I have gotten to the age where who I have is far more important than what I have. Right now my ideal would be for my kids to go to school and day-care from breakfast until lunch during which time I can work from and at home until I collect them. And then spend the entire afternoon playing and doing homework and living life. I don’t want to look back in five years’ time and feel like I missed it.

But then there are bill to pay and mouths to feed and the need to feel important and like I’m making a contribution to society… There’s a lot to pray and think about. I’m just putting it out there so that if/when this happens, no one can say they were caught off guard.




No comments:

Post a Comment