Friday, 8 July 2016

Knysna Photo Update

After a glorious five days off the grid (well, away from social media and internet, anyway) we are back home and, with just a week before we return to school, already experiencing holiday withdrawal.

They say a picture paints a thousand words, so, without further ado, here is the photo update of Knysna 2016:

This year we decided to try leaving in the early hours of Saturday morning, meaning we didn't have to put in leave for Friday, or rush there after work, and we could still enjoy a full day of holiday on Saturday. As a result, we all packed and stayed over at Papu and Yaya's the Friday night already. And we did not sleep. Instead, we danced and sang and basically went a little mental until our 03h00 departure!

There were 13 people in the bus, and it has to be mentioned: this is the first ever trip for which we have left Newmans on time. We do think it has a lot to do with the fact that, with us already there, we could encourage packing hours in advance. Anyway, we also made provision for multiple breastfeeding and toilet stops.

Saturday was pretty low key as a sick and grumpy Andel registered for the race and tried to self medicate enough for him to actually participate in the race. The rest of us spent the afternoon settling in. And on the Sunday we actually made it in time to see Andel finish (another first, as he usually finishes before we arrive!).

On Monday we went on a road trip to Plettenberg Bay, partly to see the sights, partly to lunch out, and partly to find more wood. The weather was (as it was for pretty much all of the weekend) beautiful!

This year we decided to stay an extra day into the festival week, trying to get the kids to experience more of the events and activities, so we spent most of Tuesday doing just that - and we all loved it!

As you can imagine, after four days of non-stop hustle and bustle, we were pretty exhausted come Tuesday night, and considering we had a relatively early departure the following day, we just took it easy as we got ready to return home.

And so on Wednesday morning we all crammed back into the bus, and bid farewell to beautiful Lake Brenton. The road trip was entertaining, as always, and we found a few new places and people to stop at during future trips.

So that's it for this year, and it went pretty well with Andel finishing 3rd in his group, and the rest of us managing not to kill him or each other. The jury is still out on whether we repeat this next year with the numbers getting increasingly larger, and the space in the bus increasingly smaller - but we'll let you know!

1 comment: