Friday 23 March 2018

Family Bucket List: Term 1



As we approach the end of the first quarter, here is how we are doing on our Family Bucket List for 2018:



Meeting Criteria:

Go - so far we are meeting bed times most days of the week (the kids more so than us though)
Ride - early in March the kids completed their first Junior CT Cycle Tour and are hooked, so Knysna may be next
Give Back - I have done a good emptying of all the cupboards at least once already, and made a couple baby packs for some teenage moms
Travel - we have set in motion our plans to travel this year, starting with applying for passports for Sam and Bayley
Visit - we are looking forward to a special Christmas visiting these precious people
Watch - we recently watched our first sunrise together, and it was a total hit
Be - if nothing else, we are aware of the need to be respectful (and are regularly reminded by the boys)
Limit - this is working well because Zac is finally able to understand the restrictions and make wise choices, and Sam just copies whatever he does
Start - we have made a point of praying together each morning before we leave the house, and it really is the highlight of my day


Room for Improvement:

Play - while we have been spending more time together, we have not really gotten the game playing part down yet
Read - bedtime is a bit of a rush (to get to bed by 20h00) so stories are not always happening then, but Zac is reading to us every afternoon if that counts
Eat - we have such good intentions here, but the boys love bread so it definitely needs better enforcement
Make - traditionally, I make the books for the children's first birthday, so I have time here, although I have already started getting content together
Cook - the plan is to do this while on holiday (I'm super excited for a white Christmas)
See - this is the first holiday coming up, so I have a date with the boys
Enjoy - the treats are probably happening more often than I would like, but at least the boys are being made to earn them
Share - we're good at saying warm goodbyes, but I reckon we can get better at giving purposeful, no reason hugs, just because
Practise - while I can't say we're at the point of not raising out voices quite yet, I am happy that at least we see (hear) this less often


Intervention and Remediation Required:

Try - we have not even thought of this, which is problematic as we are going into Winter, and I'm certainly not camping then
Explore - I am so desperate to do this, but how to do it while saving money and leave for an overseas trip is proving to be more difficult than I thought
Send - shamefully we have not sent a single postcard, despite Zac writing love notes all over the place, all the time
Create - I honestly don't know this will even happen unless I do it myself, and that is not likely
Do - procrastination is the thief of time, and despite regular planning to do prom walks and park runs we are yet to do one
Grow - in the midst of this drought, I'm not sure why I put this down when I can hardly keep any plant alive right now
Learn - we need to be more deliberate about this as so far the only things we've learnt about anything is when Zac teaches us what he's learnt at school


Comment:
All in all, I'd like to think that we're making good progress. I'm even on track with my blogging goal!
Still, I realise that we need to maintain this momentum in order to tick everything of our list in time. Let's see how well we do next term.

No comments:

Post a Comment