Monday 23 April 2018

Pause

In an attempt to stay abreast of my blogging goals - and because I haven't one a post like this in a while - here's what's going on in my space currently:

I'm thinking about... the changes that are going to take place over the next few months. For one, I recently resigned from my job, and am taking up a new post elsewhere. It's been one of the toughest professional decisions I've ever had to make. I really have loved the environment, staff and team I work in/with, and I'm going to miss it terribly. I do think though, that the time is right for a move. Of course, this inevitably leads to a number of other subsequent changes - but I'm trying not to dwell on that yet; tomorrow has enough worries of its own, right?



I'm watching... The Good Doctor. It's just finished its first season both locally and abroad, and is based on a South Korean programme, I believe. It follows the personal and professional journey of a first year surgical resident who happens to have Austism and Savant Syndrome. I'm a bit of a sucker for medical drama anyway, however, it's really Freddie Highmore's exceptional performance as Dr Shaun Murphy that has me eagerly awaiting each episode.



I'm listening to... mash ups, mostly. Zac has this new thing where he combines - mid singing - different songs, with pretty impressive skill (and melodic process), I might add. I also have two ear-worms at the moment: So Will I (off Hillsong's There is More album) and Reckless Love (by Cory Asbury).





I'm loving... the relief from the unrelenting heat that we have been experiencing of late. It rained a bit last week, and then today all day. Cape Town desperately needs so much rain, I'm thankful even though it's a logistical nightmare at work. I much prefer Winter anyway, and it's a real treat being able to lay in bed at night with my tea, chocolate and babies.





I'm busy... among other things, I'm trying to get my kids' passports renewed. At this point I've completed the online applications (and paid for them), but I have yet to make that painful trip to the government facility to submit their bio-metric data. I fear it's going to take all day. There may be a separate blog post on that experience.




I'm going to... Mothers Day Connect again this year. It's a wonderful initiative by Embrace to serve and support moms in hospital on Mother's Day. In groups we spend an hour with these moms sharing experiences, giving encouragement, and just letting them know that they are part of a wider village of women looking out for the welfare of moms and children. For more information on this in your area, please visit www.embrace.org.za and sign up.



I'm battling with... what I think is a tummy bug. I know there's been a terrible one doing the rounds, I'm just not sure that it's that. I basically woke up feeling pretty lousy - belly aches, lack of appetite, toilet runs. Great for weight-loss! Not so great for everything else. I really hope it's one of those 24hour jobs.



I'm resolving to... enjoy the weekend. Thursday evening marks the start of a 5-day-long weekend for us, and instead of using it to catch up on work or clean the house (as I feel I need to do), I'm going to enjoy it with Andel and the kids. It would be nice to go away, but even if we don't (can't), I'm going to be deliberate with my time and choices, and focus on making good memories together.

No comments:

Post a Comment