Wednesday 9 July 2014

Home with Mom - Kalk Bay Harbour

Following the move from my old job to the new one, I was blessed to have two weeks' leave before the start of the new term. Over this same time Bonny Babies decided to close for a week, giving the staff some much needed rest. So as a result, Zac and I have a week at home together.

After reaching my fill of Finding Nemo and Budgie the Little Helicopter before 10h00 I knew Zac and I would need more than a walk to the park around the block to keep us occupied today. Fortunately Papu and Yaya came to the rescue. We decided to take advantage of the sunny winter weather, pick up Gramps George, and take a drive along the coast to Kalk Bay.

There's something so beautifully quirky about Kalk Bay. I love walking through there on summer's mornings when the sun is still making its way into the sky, and people are only starting to wake up. Much to my surprise, even though it's holiday time at the moment, it was relatively quiet today, so it was the perfect spot to stop for some fish and chips - and what better place to stop than the legendary Kalky's.

Biscuit Treats in the Bus

Some beautiful art work on display at the Harbour

Watching the seals with great-gramps George

A family of seals

Exploring with Yaya

So, let me just ask: is it possible that I have lived in Cape Town nearly all my life, and never been to Kalky's? I'm hoping that perhaps it's just been a while, and I can't remember...

Papu enjoying the fish and chips

Zac and Matthew were fascinated and entertained by the little boats, industrious fisherman, and playful seals, and gave us a run for our money, threatening to go for a swim! They had such a good afternoon I was sure they'd been keen for a nap as soon as we got home. Well, it didn't happen quite as soon as I'd hoped, but eventually Zac had his nap - with Mommy right along with him! Now that's a holiday day!

Noooo, I no wanna shleep

Ok, maybe just for a little while

1 comment: