Friday 11 January 2019

Day 32

What comes first: the packing or the pique?

I have spent the day furiously packing. I use the word furious deliberately. It was not a peaceful exercise. I'm not sure if I started packing because of the angst and restless of the pending goodbye, or if it was the packing that annoyed me. Either way, Andel and the kids steered clear.

We arrived in the UK with two large suitcases. This was mostly due to the fact that we were going to make a cross country trip by train, and I couldn't see us managing more than one suitcase each with kids in tow as well. I was not wrong: at times, even the two suitcases were too many. I was super proud though that we managed to pack for five in those bags anyway.

Fast forward a month. We are going home with four suitcases! Before I rearranged everything today, we had one large suitcase filled only with toys, deliveries and Christmas gifts - and it weighed nearly 20kg! Thankfully, the trip to London tomorrow allows for baggage assistance, otherwise I don't know how we'd take all this stuff home!

With the bags mostly packed, and almost everything prepared for the Great Trek tomorrow, I'm off to enjoy dinner with the family. There's a proper play place there that promises to be fun - and hopefully tire the kids out enough to go straight to sleep when we get home.

One night to go. I think it'll be a late one soaking in as much of what's left as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment