Saturday 28 March 2020

Lockdown Day 2 - What Saturdays are Made Of

Lockdown is what Saturdays are made for!

Today, for the first time in at least eight years, it was Saturday, and I did absolutely nothing. Of course, it helps when you can't actually go anywhere to do anything else. Still, it was pretty heavenly. I slept it, did some stretch with Andel, had bunch at 12h00, took a two-hour nap, and watched series in bed. It made me realise that for the longest time, I have been using Saturdays to catch up on things that I feel I have missed out on during the week. This has ranged from simply being able to break from routine and get out of the house, to catching up on all the household responsibilities that we require to be in place to function from Monday to Friday. In short, I have been living for a weekend to prepare for the week, and really, that's not living at all.

So even though it's only Day 2, already I see immense benefit this forced shutdown is bringing to my toxic way of life. I have missed this feeling of relaxation and cheerful productivity. I see more and more how this experience can be the start of something brand new and healthy for people and families all over the world, beginning with me.

Need A Simple Way to Stay Calm? — Murphy Jo Palmer

1 comment: