Saturday 4 December 2021

Strength for Today

 It's amazing the things God whispers to us when we call out to Him and then listen. Since my early childhood, my life has been flooded with songs and hymns of praise and worship. I visit these melodies and words of truth often. Many times I hear my grandfather's voice, singing in my head...


As the magnitude of Zac's departure dawned on me this week, I reached out to my village of warrior women who pray with and for me. I had questions: How can I already feel so weak and tired? How am I going to get through the six weeks before our separation - and then the three weeks of radio silence, and another seven weeks of distance after that? 


As the news spread, so many people, each in their own unique way, sent me something that I need to hear. And then the song began in my head:

Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow

Blessings all mine with then thousand beside

Great is Thy faithfulness

Great is Thy faithfulness

Morning by morning new mercies I see

All I have needed Thy hand has provided

Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me


And there it is: the answer. 

We'll get through it one moment at a time, 

one message at a time,

one hug at a time, 

one promise at a time,

underpinned by prayer,

with strength for today, 

and hope for tomorrow.

As my Gramps and Gran Geduld would have sung it


2 comments: