Tuesday 3 January 2012

Twenty-12

I can hardly believe that another year has come and gone. It feels like just yesterday when we said goodbye to 2010 and welcomed in 2011. So much has happened over the past year: so much to be thankful for, so much that has been overcome, and so many blessings that we've experienced.


Our 2011 looked a little like this:

January:
Andel celebrated his birthday, and was moved from Constantia to Claremont Virgin Active - a move that was indicative of the great job he had been doing, and even greater expectations. I registered to start studying through UNISA.


Andel's birthday picnic

February:
My freelance work at Virgin Active dried up, and miraculously, God provided me with two jobs: a permanent post with Virgin Active as a PT Manager in Gardens, and a 3 month part-time lecturer post at an exercise institute.


Virgin Active Demo Team

March:
Andel and I had our first camping trip, in which we endured a blazing 40 degree heatwave!


Roughing it out

April:
I was given leave (despite starting work only 8 weeks earlier) so that Andel and I could travel to the UK on a wonderful 3 week holiday to family and friends.


London Heathrow: saying goodbye

May:
Andel's twin brother Bernil married his sweetheart Ricki in a beautiful celebration at Houwhoek Inn in Grabouw.


The Klaasen clan

June:
We said a very sudden and sad farewell to our beloved Gramps Ikey who passed away unexpectedly.


Gramps Ikey handing out gifts from the UK

July:
PJ and Ashleigh announced the newest addition to their family: little DuPie who is due in March.


Ash's current 29 week belly

August:
We bid a heart-wrenching farewell to our besties Karl and Tarrin who moved to Ireland after spending a wonderful two years with us in Cape Town.


Karl and Tarrin at the Starlight Summer Concert

September:
I celebrated my birthday, and threw away all my ridiculous checklists!


Camps Bay for a birthday cuddle

October:
Andel and I found out we were pregnant, and introduced the world to our little Peanut. Andel also moved clubs again, this time to Point.


Peanut at 10 weeks

November:
After a stressful period of exams, I received a glowing report of distinctions all round, and as a dual exam-anniversary present, Andel and I spent the most amazing time at Asara.


Honeymoon Suite at Asara

December:
Following a turn of events that can truly only be described as divine, I was offered a full time lecturer position at a fitness training academy which will allow me to work normal hours, without any weekends or public holidays, and allow me to finish my studies and be a mommy!


God has been so faithful. He has delivered on His promises, and carried us through the triumphant and turbulent times. As a result, we really have so much to look forward to, and are expectant (pardon the pun) for all He's going to do in our lives this year. So here's wishing you and yours the most wonderful new year. May it be full of love, happiness and many lavish blessings!




I've affectionately dubbed 2012 "The Year of the Baby" as we know at least 10 couples who are awaiting little arrivals this year - so if you're not already pregnant... I'm just saying! :)

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing. and I love the picture of Peanut! looks like you are going to enjoy the new job. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete