Friday 27 January 2012

Half Way Here

This week Peanut and I enter our 20th week together! :)

So much has happened since we found out about our little bundle last October. I can't believe it's been 4 months already, and yet, sometimes I can't recall too much of my life before the belly. We've been through exams, exhaustion, working the Christmas season, a change in jobs, a complete loss of appetite and bursting out of my clothes (not necessarily in that order), and still every day brings new discoveries.

Peanut is currently over 20 cm and weighs 300g. S/he seems to be a little shy when out in public, managing to hide sufficiently beneath my clothes to make me look as though I've just had a really big lunch. At home though s/he happily makes herself visible to all!

I'm so proud of every little milestone we reach, and even more excited for all we're still to get to. Significantly, this week, Peanut started making enough of a fuss for me to notice when s/he moves around. While these flutters are still rather faint, I have already picked up that there is a short play time between 21h30 and 22h00 every night, when Peanut gets a good workout before preparing for bed (meaning I can't get to bed before then either - a taste of things to come!). It's truly amazing how this fully formed little person floating around in my womb is already controlling so much of what we do!

Thank you to all our friends and family who have been praying for us. Please continue to do so: that the second half of our pregnancy would be as healthy and problem-free as the first, and that Peanut's journey into the world would be just as perfect as we imagine s/he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment