Tuesday 14 April 2020

Lockdown Day 19 - School

The Department of Education gave many reminders to parents about this period of lockdown being a holiday. I confess though, I did not follow that advice. In our house, I have been teaching online since our term started on March, 23 - before lockdown even started - so we have been working. This also means that Sam has been attending virtual school, and Bayley by association. Zac was not going to get a free pass here, and have me deal with complaints about boredom and inequality. So, we've been doing school for a while.

I have spoken to many friends and family who are also juggling the responsibilities of work and home, and while I know this doesn't work for everyone, I thought I would share what we are doing to have some kind of routine in our house. We have three kids - Grade 3, Grade RR and Nursery - so we needed to be creative in putting something together that allowed them to have age appropriate activities and timeframes while still being somewhat synchronous to keep the adults sane. This is our schedule. Use it, don't use it. It's been my saving grace - and the kids seem to like it too!


1 comment:

  1. Hope you leave some time for cuddles in the middle! 😉

    ReplyDelete