Thursday 30 April 2020

Lockdown Day 35: The End of the Beginning

It's the final day of the initial lockdown. Tomorrow morning we move to Level 4. To be honest, I leave the 'safety' of Level 5 with apprehension. We have become used to being kept in our homes, possibly the safest place to be. Now, we're allowed to venture out - under strict measures, of course - and I'm almost not sure I want to.

In many ways, Level 4 is simply Level 5 with more people allowed to go to work. Basically (in my limited opinion anyway), unless you are part of the sectors that are reopening, you are still in Level 5 lockdown - with a 3hr window and 5km radius to venture out in. I'm not sure everyone sees it that way though. I guess the thing I fear is a sudden disregard for all things Lockdown, and people doing exactly as they please, whether or not it's a safe or wise thing to do, given the circumstances.

It's funny how the prospect of 'more freedom' leaves me desiring less freedom; how after wishing for 35 days to just get out, I now am nervous to do so. I suppose this is the real test of our faith, our peace, and our joy. If it cannot venture out into the world with us - and hopefully impact others - how is it helping?

Tonight I go to sleep ending one chapter, and embarking on another, holding fast onto His promises.

SIGN

1 comment: